The AQBL is always looking for new talent to join our team. If you love quiz bowl and want to see it grow, and you have the needed skills, we strongly encourage you to send in an application.
All applicants must read, speak, write, and effectively communicate in English. Applicants must be a United States citizen or have proper work authorization. Due to AB 5, California residents cannot apply.
All jobs can be applied for by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Job Application".
- Writes content to be displayed on the website
- Writes advertisements and tournament summaries
- Includes more writing tasks, and requires collaboration with editing team
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Writing sample must be submitted with application.
- Manages and supervises day-of tasks for regional tournaments, either online or in-person
- Less work than most Tournaments (Online or Physical)
- For online events, this is due to most work being done by AQBL for you. In-person Tournament Directors still have a significant reduction in workload.
- Must have experience as a Tournament Director. Exceptions to this rule are granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Excellent reading ability
- Good problem-solving skills
- Impeccable professionalism
- $20 per online event; $50 plus lunch and travel stipend for in-person events
- Writes pyramidal quiz bowl questions in one or more categories to provided specifications.
- Writing sample must be submitted with application
- Edits quiz bowl questions and prepares them for public use
- Previous editing experience preferred
- Question writing experience mandatory
- Editing sample must be submitted with application